Jewel of the south west
1. Drop off your car or motorcycle at the AutoTrain station in Paris
2. Your vehicle travels overnight to your destination
3. Pick up your vehicle and enjoy the rest of your holiday
Please note: AutoTrain does not carry passengers. Make your own way to your destination on a separate daytime or overnight train, avoiding the traffic jams, the road tolls, and the stress.
CLASS OF SERVICE
As AutoTrain only carries vehicles and not people, there are no classes as such. But fares do vary according to the type of vehicle you wish to transport, as well as the flexibility you want with your ticket.
Whatever you can fit in your car you can take. There are no additional supplements so compared to flying out and then hiring a car, it can work out to be very good value.
Want to take your pet with you? Animals can't be left on the AutoTrain however, you can take some pets with you on French passenger trains.
Fancy taking your own bike? You're in luck! You are allowed to carry 2 bikes per car, for no extra charge, provided they are attached to bike racks fixed to a tow bar.
(1) Fare quoted based on a one-way journey per car.
(2) From 23/06/2015 to 07/09/2015 you can leave your vehicle free of charge in the Auto/Train station car park the day before its departure or collect it the day after its arrival. Every additional day will be charged at 15€. Outside of this period, the vehicle must be left on the day of its departure and picked up on the day of its arrival. Any vehicle not collected on its arrival day will only be released when the AutoTrain station next opens. You will be charged an extra fee of €150.